Mar 14, 2011

Support Art Education

Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic. We were all taught these are the main learning essentials. It’s true, they are very important. However, art and music are also. It’s a proven fact that children that receive art education have a more creative approach to other subjects than other children that do not receive this type of education. In a recent study, children that listened to Mozart, scored higher on standarized tests than children who did not?

Sadly, whenever it’s time for budget cuts, Art and Music is often the first to go. I can remember back in elementary school, we only had art and music classes once every two weeks. Later on I found out that we were actually sharing them with four other schools in the same county. I valued the art and music lessons that I received, but I wonder how much more could I have learned had it been a regular part of the curriculum?

0 comments: