Jan 26, 2013

Valentine's Day Crafts



Hello!

Would you like to be creative and save a little money on your gifts for Valentine's Day?  If so, here's an idea.   I was inspired by a blog post by Studio Crescendoh. The title of the blog post was "Crocheted & Altered Cardboard Panel Tutorial."  It was very creative.  I was not able to do it exactly like the one they did because of the crocheted edge.  I used white lace to mimic the crocheted edge they had.



For the sentiment, I typed up a verse and put it on cream card stock and stained the edges with Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.   I love that color!  It always gives my work an antique vintage feel that always works for me!   I got my verse straight out of the Dictionary.  All I did was look up the word Love and other words that mean love and wrote down what I found out of the dictionary.  This is a great idea if you are needing a saying for a card.  Just go to the dictionary and look up the word you want to use and there you will have it!



The board was actually made out of cardboard from a Chicken sandwich box!  I cut two equal parts of cardboard and glued them together to create the thickness that I desired.  After that I covered it up with scrapbook paper from BoBunny's Etctera Collection.  I love that collection, its one of my favorites.  Its so antique and vintage looking.  They really got it right - from the coffee cup rings to the bingo card tags to the newspaper print...I love it all!  When I saw how fuchsia popped against the weathered tan paper. I knew I had to use white lace and white dollie to help tie it together.  I needed a neutral color to relax the vibrant fuchsia.





For the back I used twine to create a loop for hanging on the wall.  Also on the back, I made a button and string envelope for extra storage for maybe a note or a little card.  I am going to do a tutorial on the button and string envelope as soon as I can.  


Another thing you can do is alter the color and the embellishments to personalize this gift.  For example, you could even use something like this as a cute valentines day gifts for boyfriend or husband.  Maybe instead of flowers and lace, you could use buttons and other masculine scrapbook embellishments.  I know there are many guys that like to scrapbook and would love a handmade item like this provided that it didn't have lace and flowers.  

Happy Valentine's Day!

Something like this could also be used for Mother's Day, Easter, Father's Day, Birthdays, Christmas, baby showers, wedding gifts, and anniversary gifts.  


Happy Crafting and God bless, Chan 





0 comments: