Nov 21, 2014

7 Stress Free and Money Saving Holiday Shopping Tips for Christmas

Christmas is coming very soon!  Now is a great time to start gift shopping.  It is always good to be cautious when purchasing gifts.  The holiday season is a joyous time of year.  Sadly, I have seen people argue over Christmas gifts.  I have found some ways to avoid unnecessary Christmas gift drama.  

1.  Ask for Shopping Advice

If I don't know the person very well, I'll ask one of her close friends for her likes and dislikes.  Then I have all the information I need to purchase the perfect gift.


2.   Use Gift Cards Frequently

Let Gift Cards Save the Day!  We never go wrong with gift cards.  Find out what store she likes and give her a gift card from that establishment.  Gift cards take the pressure off everyone. 


3.   Think Really Hard Before You Buy 
    
Make sure the gifts are appropriate in office or work situations.  Try to remember company policy and office etiquette.  Pens, organizers, and planners make excellent gifts for the office environment. Consider something practical, like a fancy calendar for the next year. Who doesn't need a calender?


4.  Give Christmas Items

Christmas themed gifts are wonderful.  I still remember a co-worker once gave me a Santa Claus cookie jar.  I used that jar for many years.  The gift was one of the nicest things anyone ever gave me. Christmas items make awesome gifts!  


5.  Gift Receipts Save Face and Feelings
    
Include a gift receipt with your gift.  If a person just doesn't like the item, he or she can discreetly exchange the gift without anyone ever knowing.


6.  Consider Food and Candy 

Give away Food!  Christmas Candy, gourmet chocolate, cookies, cakes are tasty gifts!  One year, I received a nice meat and cheese basket and I really loved it!  If the person does not eat meat, then give him or her a fruit basket.  You just can't go wrong there.  Who doesn't love gourmet food? 


7.  Be Creative and Make Your Own Gifts

Make handmade items.  If you crochet, why not make your friend a scarf or a small throw? Handmade Paper bag cards make wonderful gifts!  If a person is into crafts, create a gift basket of scrapbook paper, paper roses, envelopes, ribbons, buttons, and other items.  
 
Buying Christmas Gifts need not be a stressful thing.  Enjoy the Holiday season!
Photo Courtesy of merrychristmasfestival


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chan I just wanted to take the time during Thanksgiving to give thanks that you are in my life. You don't know me other than my posts. You have the voice of an angel! I love your videos of your crafts you do. They are very informative and to me very calming. I watch them all the time. God Bless you! Hugs from Laura in California!

Unknown said...

P.S. I can't find the paper/cardboard buttons video. Hugs again from Laura in California

Chan said...

Hi Laura. Thanks for watching my videos. I appreciate the support. I did look for the cardboard button videos but I did not find it among my videos. I am going to be uploading some Christmas videos that I am currently working on. Thanks again and God bless, Chan