May 30, 2012

Floral Bird Nest

Hi.  Over the weekend I brought two baskets from the Dollar Tree.  I got them because I wanted to use the little birds that I had purchased on ebay.  I thought the oval shaped baskets would make the perfect bird nest.
 
I painted and distressed the baskets then I added scrapbook paper to cover the background.  I also cut out messages for the background from the Ciao Bella Paper Stack put out by DCVW.  I also make little bird nests to sit underneath the little birds.  I used twine and dark beige yarn mixed together for this.  Then I finished out the project with lace, ribbon, and a few paper and fabric roses.  This would be a great gift and it can also be personalized with the person name on the background. 

Items that I used:

Ciao Bella Paper Stack by DCWV
IamRoses
Prima Flowers
Fabric Rosettes
Pink, blue, and beige Lace from my stash
Dollar Tree Baskets
White spray paint
Blue Spray paint
Antique White Paint for distressing Apple Barrel by Plaid




0 comments: