May 11, 2013

How to do Crafts Altered Storage Cabinet

I found this wooden cabinet at a yard sale.  It was a dark wood.  I wanted something to match my room so I painted it with cream, winter white, and pink.  Then I decorated it with matching embellishments.



I found this cabinet at a yard sale.  


I painted this winter white, cream, and pink to match my room.


I used pink rosettes and white seam binding to decorate the outside of the cabinet.


The inside of the cabinet, I added scrapbook paper to the shelves from DCWV's Spring Fling collection.


To prevent little spiders from crawling in, I covered the back of the heart openings with  square pieces of cardboard covered with scrapbook paper.  


I distressed the edges with mint green and vintage photo distress ink by Tim Holtz. 


I added wooden flowers to the side of the the cabinet to embellish the side.


I used the same pink rosettes on the side of the cabinet.




Now my little cabinet matches my room perfectly.  



0 comments: