Jun 10, 2013

How to Make a Greeting Card

A lot of people overlook the importance of a greeting card when they are purchasing gifts for friends or loved ones.  I want to demonstrate how the greeting card can be a particularly significant part of a present.  In some cases, the greeting card can become the actual gift.  A craft artist can make many different types of cards because there are so many styles to create.

Paper bag cards are the best, and I just love them.  There is just so much that can be done with this simple item.  Since paper bags are inexpensive, a craft artist can literally make a masterpiece for just pennies on the dollar.  Paper Bags are also handy and versatile in that tags and letters can be stored in the open end of the bag.  In previous projects, I have decorated my paper bag cards with lace, paper flowers, fancy buttons, and ribbon.  They have always been a big hit with my friends and family.  I often give my paper bag cards away as gifts.

If a craft artist needs a card project with a little variety, pop up cards will work.  Recently, I created an alternative pop up card that I call the double card. The project has both and outer and inner card.  The inner card is smaller than the outer card, and it can only be seen when the card is open.  To dress the card up, I usually use lace and paper roses.  I like double cards because it gives me more options for writing sentiments.  Easel cards are also fabulous alternatives that look extremely nice on a desk or shelf.  This card is particularly popular and easy to create.

Simple cards are excellent gifts for men.   Create a card for the man in your life with neutral colored paper. To make the card more masculine, try to avoid pastels, flowers, and fancy prints.  Select neutral embellishments like string and plain buttons.  In the past, I have used playing cards and poker chips to decorate a card for a man.   Sports, cars, motorcycles, and fishing are great themes to use for a masculine card.

A greeting card can be a prominent part of a gift or present when created with love.  It can be decorated beautifully with lace, ribbon, paper roses, and vintage buttons.  Since there are many types to choose from, a craft artist has a magnificent opportunity to display and demonstrate her artistry and style.



0 comments: