Oct 29, 2011

Altered Picture Frame

Make a picture display frame out of cardboard.  All you need is 3 sided piece of cardboard, scrapbook paper of your choice, paper roses, ribbon, paper glue, hot glue, and buttons of your choice.  This would be a great way to use up scraps that you have leftover in your supply.

I painted the edges of the scrapbook a creamy beige because I didn't want the cardboard to show through on the edges.  I thought the beige matched the scrap paper I used for this project.  I also covered the back the piece with a light pink scrap paper.  After that I decorated the piece with ribbon, butterflies, buttons, and paper roses.

This project would make a great gift for baby showers, birthdays, mother's day, and other  holidays.  There is room for 3 pictures.  You can even use one of the sections for journaling as well.  I made this for free because I already had all the items in my studio.






0 comments: