Oct 12, 2011

Crafts Made from Ice Cream Cups

Make arts and crafts out of ice cream containers!  Use any small paper ice cream container.  Wash it out real good and let it dry for 48 hours.  The reason for this is that you want to let the water dry in the cracks before you paint or decorate the cup.

This was a suggestion from NaturalStrongHair on youtube.  She had recommended creating something out of ice cream containers.  I had never thought of the idea until she mentioned this.  I thought it was a great idea.
For this project, I used standard white paint.  I started off spray painting but that would've taken too many coats.  I  brushed on a coat of primer then added a coat of white paint.  This saved me a lot of time.  I decided to turn the cup into a little pink flower arrangement.  I decorated the outside with little green flat acrylic beads and I trimmed it with little pink lace.  I added a hot pink and white polka dot ribbon on the front.  I used packing peanuts for my flowers stems to stick into and hold them in place.  Then I shredded some green paper for my grass.

I wanted to do something with the tops.  I decided to make a little bird cage.  I had some popsicle sticks around the house.  I painted those white then added a coat of white sparkly to make them shimmer.  I decorated the cage with scrapbook paper, lace, and pink flowers.  I also used flowers inside the bird cage since I didn't have any birds to use.  To complete the project, I dressed it up with pearls.  I also used pearls and fashioned them into a bird cage loop at the top of the bird cage.

I really enjoyed this project.  It didn't cost me anything to make.  The ice cream cups were free!  I already had the flowers and embellishments in my scrapbooking supplies.














1 comments:

manishabisani said...

what is that sparkly paint or glue