May 19, 2014

Rubix Cube 40th Anniversary

Rubix Cube is 40 years old this year!  This combination puzzle was invented in 1974 by Hungarian professor, Erno Rubik.  It was originally called the Magic Cube.  By the 1980s, this toy was being sold worldwide.  The main colors on the Rubix cube are Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Green, and White.  Hey, they left out pink!  LOL

I had a Rubix cube in the 1980s.  It was a favorite of mine second only to the arcade game of Pac Man.  I only solved the Rubix Cube one time and I don't know how I did that.  I just kept trying until it happened. 

To this day, people are still paying the Rubix Cube.  In fact, they have annual Speed cubing competitions for the Rubix every year.  I love the Rubix Cube because it reminds me of the fun times I had as a child and I am very thankful for those memories.  Happy 40th Birthday, Rubix Cube!  I wish you many, many more! 

Now where's that Pink Rubix Cube?

God bless, Chan


Rubix Cube 40th Anniversary

0 comments: